LifestyleLooking for Lifestyle Exclusives? Get your Cheeky Card!
Sure, summer is fabulous. What’s not to love about taking leisurely trips to the beach and staying up late to catch fireflies, right? Well, the honest truth is that the unscheduled summer routine gets old after awhile. Kids get cranky and bored. Moms eventually become exhausted from the crazy summer schedule and run short on creative ideas for fun, family activities.
But just when we’ve all had our fill of summer fun – Labor Day miraculously comes along (perfect timing). Hooray for September, I say! This is such a fabulous month for all of the Cheeky Mamas out there. We have a lot to look forward to, ladies. Here are some of my much-anticipated highlights for the weeks ahead!
- Back to School Baby! I loved having tons of time to spend with my kids over the summer. And I also love that they are heading back to school from 8 am until 3 pm five days a week (woot woot!). Honestly, I think my kids feel the same way. We had a blast over the past three months but they are getting a bit sick of me too. Now it is time for them to get back to the grind (and time for me to finally have a chance to make it to the occasional yoga class!).
- Catching up with the Carpool Lane Crew. I can’t wait to reconnect with all of our buddies that we haven’t seen since that last school bell rang and the kids came tearing out the door the first week of June (seems like ages ago!). I’ve been missing my chats with the my mama buddies at pick-up time. Got to get some play dates and coffee dates on the calendar!
- Fall Fashion Forward. I’ve been digging my maxi dresses and gladiator sandals all summer long, but I can’t wait to break out the cashmere sweaters, cords and my cute new Tory Burch ballet flats (fall splurge!).
- Apples, Pumpkins and Pears, Oh My! Fall is also one of my favorite times to don a cute apron and whip up some yummy treats in my cozy kitchen. Chocolate chip pumpkin muffin, anyone? I can’t wait to warm up some apple cider and get baking. I am definitely going to attempt a homemade apple pie this year.
- Getting Boo-tiful for Halloween. I love the annual planning and plotting for Halloween – everything from costumes to decorations and tasty treats. My daughter has decided to be a disco queen and one of my boys is going to be a cop and the other a robber (super clever, I think). But that still leaves mama’s costume. I’ve got a couple of ideas, but haven’t made any final decisions yet. So stay tuned.
What about you? What’s on your agenda for the month of September, Cheeky mamas?
To read more about Sara Fisher and Caitlin Giles and why they are so Cheeky, please click here.