There are few things I love more in this world than a big batch of chocolate chip pancakes. For breakfast, dessert or a snack, these pancakes, originally inspired by YumUniverse’s buckwheat pancakes, can be eaten hot or cold – and they travel well on road trips (bonus!). Loaded with vegan chocolate (which is dairy, nut and soy free) and easily digestible ingredients, such as buckwheat flour, flax and cashews, these gluten-free pancakes pack a nutritious and delicious punch. The best part? All you need is a blender and a griddle!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 Tbsp. flax
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3 Medjool dates (pits removed)
1 1/2 cups water or nondairy milk
1/4 cup raw organic cashews
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Cinnamon, to taste
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
Cocoa powder, optional
1. In a blender, add all ingredients except chocolate and blend until well combined.
2. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. On a griddle or large pan, lightly coat with coconut oil or cooking spray and heat over medium to medium high.
4. From the blender, pour batter into little rounds onto griddle until blender is empty.
5. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles start to appear.
5. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
6. Dust with cocoa powder (optional). Serve with fresh maple syrup, agave nectar or eat by themselves! Enjoy!
To read more about Rea Frey and why she is so Cheeky, please click here.
She is fun, fabulous and fierce. She is chic, intelligent and in-the-know. But most of all, the Cheeky chick is the kind of woman who embraces, admires, respects, smiles at and opens her heart to other fabulous chicks. Now THAT'S Cheeky, darling!